Terms and Conditions
“Step Up 2 the Mic” (the “Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
TAXES, IF ANY, ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER,
OR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN ON BEHALF OF A MINOR
All Contestants between 8 and 12 years old MUST have their parent or guardian’s permission
to enter this contest as defined below.
- Who is eligible?
- “Step Up 2 The Mic” (the “Contest”) is open only to legal permanent residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada who are 8 to 12 years of age at the time of entry and have internet access (the “Contestants”). The following are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsors organizations, and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, Sponsorship, judging and Contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest, and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve month period preceding the start date of the Contest).
- Operational Sponsors
- The operational Sponsors of the Contest are Translight Pictures, LLC, and OmniVerse Media, LLC. Sponsors reserve the right to modify or cancel this Contest at any time. In the event of cancellation, and at Sponsors’ sole discretion, Sponsors may substitute another promotion in its place.
- Grand Prize Package
The Grand Prize Winner (individual or group) will receive –
- A Home Recording Studio
- A production contract with IME Productions, LLC.
- An all expense paid trip for recording sessions at a professional, fully staffed recording studio (location TBD). Trip includes coach class airfare to and from Winner’s home location, hotel accommodations, meals / per diem, and a 2 day recording session.
- 4-month scholarship to the School Of Rock. Scholarship will be redeemed at the School Of Rock closest to the Winner’s place of residence. In the event that there is no School Of Rock conveniently located to the Winner’s place of residence, the scholarship will be applied to the Winner’s enrollment in a different music school for a comparable period of time. Selection of an alternate music school must be approved by the Rock School Scholarship Fund, Inc, and the operational Sponsors of the Contest.
- Contest Timeline
- October 15 – October 31, 2012: Contest is open for early registration and submissions by Artists / Groups
- November 1 – May 1, 2013: Contest registration and submissions
- April 16, 2013: ANNOUNCE 50 SEMI-FINALISTS
- 2nd QUARTER 2013: TV SERIES (w/ 50 Semi-Finalists) (the “TV Series”) BEGINS AIRING
- How do I enter?
- To enter the Contest, visit www.stepup2themic.com and follow the instructions to upload your submission, which will be considered the Contest “Entry”. Upload your Entry between 12:01 am (ET) on October 15, 2012 and 11:59 pm (ET) on May 1, 2013 (“Contest Period”).
Contestant will be required to provide their legal name, stage name, email address, age, and song title. If applicable, the same information is required for all individuals in the Group. There can be no more than 5 members of a Group to be qualified as a Contestant. No one can enter on behalf of another individual or group.
A primary point of contact must be identified for any Group Entry and that person must agree to these Rules and accept prizes if selected as the Winner on behalf of the Group.
AN ENTRY MAY CONTAIN A SAMPLE OF ONLY ONE (1) SONG THAT IS NO LONGER THAN 1 MINUTE IN DURATION. Entries received that are longer than 2 minutes in duration will be disqualified.
ENTRIES CAN BE AUDIO OR VIDEO AND IF AUDIO ONLY, MUST ALSO INCLUDE A RECENT PHOTOGRAPH OF THE CONTESTANT.
ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF:
They contain vulgar, obscene or indecent language or behavior
They defame or libel any third party
They are otherwise deemed inappropriate in the sole discretion of the Sponsors
They violate any third party’s copyrights or other rights
MAXIMUM OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER ARTIST / GROUP. IF MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE RECEIVED FROM ANY ARTIST OR GROUP, THEY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
ALL ENTRIES BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE SPONSORS AND WILL NOT BE INDIVIDUALLY ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED. ENTRIES THAT DO NO INCLUDE ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION AND ADHERE TO THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED VOID AND DISQUALIFIED FROM THE CONTEST.
Sponsors reserve the right, and may or may not monitor/screen Entries prior to posting them on the website. By entering, Contestant acknowledges that Sponsors have no obligation to use or post any Entry submitted.
- Rights in Entries
- By submitting an Entry, each Contestant grants Sponsors and its agents a two (2) year non-exclusive, unlimited, worldwide, perpetual license and right to publish, use, publically perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the Contestant.
- Contest Terms of Submission
- As conditions of entry into the Contest, and by uploading an Entry, each Contestant warrants and represents that the uploaded Entry (a) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (b) that you have obtained permission from a person who’s name, likeness or voice is used in the Entry and (c) that publication of the Entry via various media including website posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party’s rights. Any such Contestant will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors from any claims to the contrary. EACH CONTESTANT FURTHER WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT THE CONTESTANT HAS OBTAINED PERMISSION FROM EACH PERSON WHO APPEARS IN THE ENTRY TO GRANT THE RIGHTS TO THE CONTEST PARTIES DESCRIBED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND CAN MAKE WRITTEN COPIES OF SUCH PERMISSIONS AVAILABLE TO THE CONTEST PARTIES UPON REQUEST. By submitting an Entry, Contestant agrees to the Terms and Conditions specified on the website and further agrees to never sue or assert any claim against the Contest Parties’ use of Entries. Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold the Contest Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Contest Indemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorney’s fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Contest Indemnitees due to or arising out of the Contestant’s Entry in the Contest, or the Contestant’s conduct during and in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. Contestant agrees to release and indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors and the Contest Parties from any and all claims that any advertising, presentation, website content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsors or the Contest Parties infringes on the rights of Contestant’s work as contained in any Entry.
- Announcement of Grand Prize Winner
- Announcement of Grand Prize Winner: Sponsors will announce the Grand Prize Winner (“Winner”) on the TV Series, and via a posting on the website (www.stepup2themic.com). The Winner will be notified by phone and email and will be given instructions on how to claim their prizes. The Winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration and Release and Tax Form W-9 within 72 hours of notification or prizes will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be chosen and announced.
- Winner’s parent or legal guardian is required to execute all documents required within the required timeframe on minor’s behalf or prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be chosen and announced. Winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to accompany minor on the recording session trip, and parent or legal guardian’s trip will be paid in full by Sponsors.
- Contestants agree that Sponsors has sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsors are final and binding. Any attempt by Contestant and/or his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized using multiple names or email addresses and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsors in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsors the right to disqualify Contestant in its reasonable discretion.
- Sponsors reserve the right to substitute ground transportation for air transportation depending on Winner’s proximity to destination. Should ground transportation be substituted for air transportation, the difference in prize value, if any, will not be awarded? All components of the Grand Prize Package are selected by Sponsors. Winner will be responsible for all expenses not specifically included in these Official Rules (including without limitation additional meals, gratuities, and miscellaneous hotel expenses), and all applicable Federal, State or Local taxes. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions by Winner or cash equivalent are allowed. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes for one of equal or greater value.
- What other terms should I be aware of?
- By participating in the Contest, Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the determination of Sponsors, which shall be final. Any violation of the Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Sponsors has no obligation to notify violators of their disqualification. Unless prohibited by law, Contestants agree to allow use of their name, voice, city/state of residence, photograph / video and /or likeness for advertising and/or trade and/or any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known without further compensation, permission or notification.
- The Contest is subject to Federal, State and Local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsors may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsors reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsors to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- By participating in the Contest, Contestants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, its parent and related companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including but not limited to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, service providers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Contestant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. Contestant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees on behalf of any Contestant. Contestant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- How will disputes be handled?
- Except where prohibited, Contestant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Arizona. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Contestant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Arizona or any other jurisdiction) which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Arizona.
- Contestant’s Personal Information